Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nisei Week 2010

From August 13 to August 21, it is Nisei Week (Japanese Festival) in Little Tokyo-Downtown Los Angeles. There are several activities, festivities, food vendors and other merchants there.


I went there today, but unfortunately, I didn't get there early enough to see all that was happening. I found a food vendor serving Dogzilla (Japanese style hotdog) which was something that I had been wanting to try after seeing it on tv and hearing my cousin in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada try it. I got it just in time before the parade started, but I think I should have checked out more of the food vendors and other merchants rather than watch the parade. Most of them started to close almost an hour after I got there.


Dogzilla consisted of: All Beef Frank, avacado, bacon bits, grilled onions, furikake, Japanese mayo, and teriyaki sauce.

Yokisoba consisted of: Spicy hot link with Yakisoba noodle, Okinami sauce, red ginger, topped with aonori

Furikake consisted of: spicy hot link topped with grilled onion, house teriyaki sauce, spicy mayo, furikake and aonori.













I got the Dogzilla version and it was good. I will try the other two versions when I find it at fairs/festivals or if I find the Dogzilla hot dog truck as it doesn't have its own restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment